Friday, December 4, 2009

25 Days of Christmas- Day 4 - Laptop Cozy

Laptop Cozy

I have someone in my family who is absolutely obsessed with computers. They own a laptop and at least one desktop and are under the age of 24. (This just blows my mind because our computer is about 5 years old now and I'm just happy if it can get through thirty minutes without freezing.)

I already have a larger present for this person, but I thought a great *little gift* to add would be a laptop cozy.

I have seen several tutorials around the Internet for laptop cozies and sleeves, but like this one because it is padded and secure. The tutorial comes from Sew Mama, Sew and was, I believe, included in their Handmade Holidays series.





To make my cozy I used quilter's batting, National Non-woven's felt, and muslin. At first I appliqued a felt yeti on, but he was later removed and replaced with this:



I think this will appeal much more to the recipient's twisted sense of humor. Did you notice that he's a bleu cheese and maybe a blue cheese too... ha! (Bad homophone humor.)

Here's a hint when making this tutorial, if you are using felt, use felt for only the interior or exterior... not both. There are two reasons for this, the hook side of the Velcro will eventually make the felt on the opposite side turn furry and the fact that felt will stretch out over time. If you use one non-felt fabric you reduce the chances of having the cozy stretch out and be unusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment