Monday, November 16, 2009

The Gwinn Bi-Monthly Pie Bake Off

I made a pie yesterday... which was quite a feat! I actually ended up making the crust twice. The first time it just looked ridiculous, so I did it over, but the second time I made it... it was great! The pie itself was pear-raspberry with lemon and almond.

I am actually quite pleased with myself in regard to this pie making effort and have concluded that I will be moving to Louisiana to open a pie shop in the future. I will make pies all day and then people will come to eat them and it will be magical. (On a side note: actually making something real makes me realize how many kitchen utensils I don't have!)

This has spurred me onto my newest project... I will be making a pie every two weeks and posting it, along with the recipe. I have to prepare for my Louisiana pie escapades and this will be my pie boot camp!

Did I mention that I love pie?!?

Pie #1 will be scheduled for November 25th will be a Sweet Potato Cream Cheese Pie!

1 comment:

  1. i have THE most amazing pumpkin pie recipe. would you like it?

    ReplyDelete